THE FARM

Friday, May 16, 2008


So, now they've taken away what this guy loved the most....coke, milk, liquids....they said the speech therapists said he was having a problem swallowing. I took him a milk shake the other day and Martha said "I didn't see that" They brought him his dinner and all he had was a scoop of green s**t...was supposed to be pea salad and a plate with a scoop of ground up tuna. He had a container of green ice for dessert. Then they brought his "milk" and "juice" on the paper it said nectar thickened cranberry juice and nectar thickened milk....yuck!! There is a care meeting on May 24th. I'm going to complain about the change in diet. I also got his bill yesterday and they have charged him $675 for Oral function therapy every other day! If anyone wants to go to the meeting, let me know.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

nancy said...

argh.

Big Papa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Papa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Papa said...

Thanks’ Susie for the update, I think… Since the review is Friday the 23rd. I will be able to go with you. We have to believe that his caregivers also only want what is best for him, but I also sometimes have to think that they may also get a little carried away. It's hard to hear of these changes but as I commented on Nancy's blog we can only keep Dad and his caregivers in our prayers that they will be given the knowledge and compassion to do what is right for him and that he can continue to be comforted with his own Flashback Friday memories.
I can't thank you enough for all that you've done for Dad.
Please be encouraged in knowing that I love you and will be praying that God will be with you.